Maintenance or Repairs
It’s really easy to report a maintenance issue or request a repair. Please submit all the relevant information via our online digital form. Make sure you add as much information as possible, including photos, and we’ll be in touch within 24hrs.
We’ve promised to maintain our landlord’s properties, so any issues will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity.
IMPORTANT: If maintenance issues and repairs are ignored or neglected, your landlord could be entitled to make a claim against you or your deposit for the cost of repair.
Accessing Your Home
We won’t access your home without your consent, and you can choose if you want to be present for any visit.
For your convenience, Home Sweet Home hold keys for your property. So, with your consent, visits for repairs and maintenance can be carried out without you needing to be in. For your confidence, all trades companies are vetted prior to any works orders being passed to them.
Check Your Welcome Pack
Maintenance issues can often be resolved by looking through the relevant sections of your Home Sweet Home Welcome Pack. This was provided to you at the start of your tenancy. The welcome pack can help with a variety of topics including:
- How to deal with lack of pressure in your boiler
- Where the mains water inlet/stopcock is located
- How to shut off the gas or electricity
- Appliance instructions
- Other useful information about your home e.g. utilities, parking, storage, bin collections
The following examples are standard maintenance issues which are commonly misreported as emergencies:
- Faulty appliances including washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer, hob and oven
- Faulty boiler
- Internal leaks that can be stopped by closing the stopcock.