Find a Tenant for your property in Edinburgh
Whether you are a first time landlord, or have years of experience, finding the right tenants for your property is key to successful letting.
There are a wide range of people who rent houses in Edinburgh. From students and young professionals, right through to families and retirees. Edinburgh is a diverse city with a mix of different age groups and demographics, so the people who rent houses in the city can vary greatly.
Home Sweet Home know the Edinburgh property rental market extremely well. So if you are looking to rent out your property, leave it to us to take care of everything from finding renters to tenant credit checks and advertising your property to rent.
Read on to find out our tips for finding the best tenants for your rental property in Edinburgh.
How to find good tenants
There are several steps you can take to find good tenants for your rental property:
- Screen potential tenants carefully. This includes checking their credit and criminal records, as well as verifying their employment and income.
- Set clear expectations for tenants. This includes outlining the rules and regulations for the property, as well as the consequences for violating these rules.
- Offer a fair and competitive rental rate. This will help to attract good tenants who are willing to pay the market rate for the property. Book your free rental valuation here.
- Maintain the property well. This will make the property more appealing to potential tenants and can help to attract high-quality renters.
- Offer a good lease agreement. A well-written Private Tenancy Agreement can help to protect both the landlord and the tenant, and can make the tenancy more appealing to good tenants.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of finding good tenants for your rental property. Don’t forget that Home Sweet Home provide a complete tenant finding service as part of our Property Management Service.
Credit Check for Landlords
Taking the extra step of conducting a tenant background check can help protect you from potential rent arrears and other issues you may face as a landlord. A tenant background check gives you the opportunity to gain insight into a prospective tenant’s rental history, financial standing and if there are any criminal convictions in their past.
By being vigilant when selecting new tenants for your Edinburgh property you can minimise the risk of rent arrears or other problems down the line!
Home Sweet Home can help you run credit checks on your potential tenants. In fact this comes as part of our fixed fee Edinburgh property management.
Did you Know?
Home Sweet Home provide a complete Property Management Service for landlords in Edinburgh. For a fixed monthly fee we take all the stress out of renting your property.
As well as finding tenants and carrying out credit checks, our landlord service covers:
- Landlord Certification
- Smoke, Fire, Carbon Monoxide
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- PRT Tenancy Agreements
- Advertise Property to Rent
- Rental Property Inspections
- Inventories for Rental Properties
Fixed price management fee of 10% inc vat for the first year – reverts to 12% (10% +VAT) after the first year.