We understand finding a comfortable home can be a long winded and often daunting task. We’re here to make the process as easy as possible for you. From the moment you get in touch with our team, they’ll be there to guide you through the stages in an efficient and friendly manner.
We’ve gone to great lengths to formalise the moving in and out process and will assist you through each step. This will mean you’ll know exactly what’s expected from you and when you’ll need to seek further assistance from Home Sweet Home.
We appreciate how important communication is, especially if you need to speak to someone about a problem. We promise to acknowledge all correspondence within 24 hours. Emergencies will be dealt with immediately.
If you would like to apply for one of our properties, you will be expected to provide the following:
- Deposit plus the first month’s rent in advance
- Three month’s bank statements
- Two references (preferably from previous landlords or work)
Dan Thornton, Managing Director of Home Sweet Home Letting
We like to be up front about the cost of renting a flat through Home Sweet Home, although we can’t give you a definitive list of extra costs, the following list will give you a good idea what you’ll need to add to your budget:
- Any professional cleaning
- Any maintenance or repairs that fall outside that of the landlord’s responsibility
- The cost of replacing missing items from the property
- Any call out charges that the agency deem to be chargeable to the tenant. Examples of this can include unnecessary visits from trades companies, or avoidable instances such as loss of keys or non-emergencies outside of office hours.
- Change of locks in the event of lost keys
- All utilities bills, TV licence and council tax
- Contents insurance